Re: [OPE-L] Samezo Kuruma An Inquiry into Marx's Theory of Crisis

From: Dogan Goecmen (dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 03:15:48 EDT

 Rakesh, Marx's philosophical source of the concept of totality is certainly classical German philosophy - above all the philosophy of Hegel. In relation to wage labour Marx points out that physiocrats employ a very limited concept of labour - that of agricultural labour. In his manuscripts on surplus value (but also in Capital) he points to Adam Smith to have used the concept of labour as such for the first time in the history of political economy to refer to the source of value.

 I would be obliged if you could explore on this: "The source of inspiration here for the idea of totality was not Hegel but Quesnay."

 Thank you, Dogan