[OPE-L] Kliman and wikipedia

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 11:50:49 EDT

Andrew Kliman is being a pest in some ways, and somebody ought to smack his
bottom. I suppose it's partly my fault, since I started an article on TSSI
in wikipedia (originally I invited Dr Carchedi to do it, but he declined),
which started Kliman going with his editing spree. But I hope we can solve
this without litigation.

As I said, the softest option is to write a comment first on the talk
("discussion") page of the article (top menu, second from left).

The hard option is to ask of a wikipedia moderator to fix the article, so
that it cannot be changed again. This is often done when articles are
vandalised, or changed backwards and forwards in edit wars. It is called
"page protection", see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_page_protection and you
can put up a request for page protection.

You should probably contact <info-en-q@wikimedia.org> with your specific
complaint, explaining that Kliman should write an entry about himself and
how he responds to his critics rather than change your article all the time.

A FAQ on disputes resolution is here for your reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dispute_resolution

A FAQ on edit wars is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Edit_war

A  FAQ specifically on an article that concerns yourself is here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us/Article_problem/Factual_error_%28from_subject%29

An alternative I have tried is to make a new "academic controversy" section
within the Laibman article, and then stick Kliman's comment in there, minus
the expository bit on TSSI which does not belong in an article on the topic
of Laibman. In that way you dissociate yourself from the opinion of your
critics about you, they are clearly separated. However if you feel the
criticism and edits are personally objectionable and does not belong
anywhere in the article, then this is not an option.

If the page is about you, and you wrote most of it, you are on
particularly strong ground if you feel an unjust, biased or unobjective (or
simply wrong) description is being inserted by somebody else; the wiki
foundation can intervene on your behalf.

Jurriaan