Re: [OPE-L] Wolfowitz's world

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 17:05:34 EDT

> I'm actually in favour of Wolfowitz staying on at the WB, for obvious
> reasons.

Hi Patrick and Jurriaan:

Yeah, if he stays then that should be seen as conclusive proof concerning
the "ethical" standards of the WB and, by implication, the US government:
the WB is hurt more by his continued presence and it would be easier to
educate people about the true character of the WB and mobilize against
it.  The irony here is that I don't think the Bush administration cares:
they'd rather the WB be further discredited and ineffective (even on their
own terms) than replace one of their own. A I suggested before, there is an
element of  arrogance associated with unchecked power to this story.
There is also an element of circling around the wagons too. Maybe it
will prove to be Wolfowitz's Last Stand, after all.  In any event, even if
he does "resign", he'd just be replaced with another Bushite.

In solidarity, Jerry