Re: [OPE-L] Michael Schauerte

From: Pen-L Fred Moseley (fmoseley@MTHOLYOKE.EDU)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 09:09:24 EDT

Quoting Paul Cockshott <wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK>:

> What analysis of the logic of exchange shows is that there must
> be a conserved scalar quantity in exchange.

Hi Paul,

Would you please explain this argument further?
Have you written it up somewhere?
If so, please send me a copy.

I argue that Marx's argument in SEction 1 assumes that the general
system of commodity exchange is transitive (mutually consistent), from
which it follows that commodity exchange must be the exchange of
equivalents (as discussed in my previous post).  Is your argument
similar to this, or different?

Thanks.

Comradely,
Fred