[OPE-L] Kurt Vonnegut's humanism was popular in the Soviet Union

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 13:35:31 EDT

I see what you mean, and just about went for it too, never mind the
schedule. What I mean is, I saw the cover of Piano Player but I never read
it. What I read was Slaughterhouse Five (in 1978), Breakfast of the
Champions (in 1976), Welcome to the Monkey House (in 1976), God Bless you Mr
Rosewater (in 1978), Cat's Cradle(1976), Slapstick (1976). I also think I
read Jailbird and Bluebeard (in the Canarias) but I don't recall the plot.

My hypothesis is that Russian humanism is superior to American humanism. Why
? Because Americans kill people more often at random, whereas in Russia more
often there actually has to be an intelligible purpose, a point in killing
somebody.

Jurriaan

I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony