[OPE-L] Kuruma on value detour

From: Michael Schauerte (mikeschauerte@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 00:44:26 EDT

Dear Akama-san,

Thanks for your comments. I guess I'm having a hard time with that word
because it is describing the linen, so it sounds a bit strange to say
"self-complacent." Initially I had translated it as a "going-it-alone" act
or something like that, which is awkward in English, but seems to capture a
solitary or unilateral act that is also somewhat complacent.

There are a number of other Japanese terms that are giving me headaches, so
I might trouble you for advice again soon.

Thanks,
Mike