Re: [OPE-L] Reliability of price channel - personal computer industry

From: Alejandro Agafonow (alejandro_agafonow@YAHOO.ES)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 18:24:06 EDT

I beg your pardon. Cockshott is right! I had originally in mind Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. After doing a short investigation on Internet I realized my confusion. That’s why I did say I'm not especially skilled concerning the history of software/hardware markets.

Nevertheless, the relevant theoretical question is whether the technical facilities offered by Apple merely switch over the relative market power from one firm to another. In that case is expected that prices don't record the substantive technical change happening.

Sincerely,
Alejandro Agafonow