Re: [OPE-L] Sraffa and the question of gravitation

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 16:52:44 EDT

--- Paul Cockshott <wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK> wrote:

> Ajit
> I have put a paper entitled, 'Sraffa and the
> question
> of equilibrium' written by myself and a colleague of
> mine on the SHE web site. This paper directly deals
> with an issue that has been, one way or the other,
> one
> of the major concerns of the discussions on this
> list.
> I would appreciate all critical or friendly comments
> or a seminar on this paper. I hope the content of
> the
> paper is provocative enough to bring out some of the
> people who have been mostly silent on this list.
>
> Paul C
>
> Looks an interesting paper but could you
> please justify the step in going from your equation
> iv
> to equations v , vi and vii
>
> I am not sure what rules of inference you are using?
>
> Paul Cockshott
>
> www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc
_____________________________
Paul,

If you add the three equations to get the equation for
the system as a whole then you will get something
like:
[a(1+R1)+b(1+R2)+c(1+R3)]p1 + ... = X+Y+Z
The equation for the system as a whole could also be
written as:
(a+b+c)(1+R)p1 + ... = X+Y+Z
The condition of eqs. v-vii is simply saying that:
[a(1+R1)+b(1+R2)+c(1+R3)]p1 = (a+b+c)(1+R)p1 and
similarly for second column and the third column.
Remember, this condition will satisfy the equation
whatever the value of R happens to be. However, R1 =
R2 = R3 = ... will be true only if R = the standard
rate of profit. Cheers, ajit sinha

http://www2.economics.unsw.edu.au/nps/servlet/portalservice?GI_ID=System.LoggedOutInheritableArea&maxWnd=_Heterodox_WorkingPapers>