[OPE-L] Scottish election

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 18:38:35 EDT

Hi again Paul C:

Could you give us a short evaluation of the meaning of the results in
today's election in which the Scottish National Party (SNP) won more
seats than any other party?

I heard on the news that there were some "irregularities" with the
counting of votes made electronically.  While it may or may not have
been important in today's election (I just don't have enough information
to know), I think that the transition to electronic voting has important
potential and real consequences for the political process and civil
society under late capitalism.

In solidarity, Jerry