Re: [OPE-L] Che Guevara

From: Paul Cockshott (clyder@GN.APC.ORG)
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 14:42:20 EDT

Quoting Jerry Levy <Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM>:

> > From what I can gather
> > Che held Stalin in high regard, and insisted in planting flowers on
> > his grave when visiting Moscow, some what to the embarasment of
> > the Cuban ambassador.
>
> Hi Paul:
>
> Do you remember the source for this claim?
Here is one source
http://www.wpunj.edu/newpol/issue25/farber25.htm

A number of others are citing Castenada's book as evidence.
In addition Indian Stalinist web sites claim him as a supporter
of Stalin and claim that his Budgetary policy was modeled
on the Soviet budgetary policy under Stalin.

> If true, I suspect it  was a reflection more of his critical stance
> towards  Khrushchev and Brezhnev and the appeal  of Maoism
> than his holding of Stalin  in high regard.
>
> In solidarity, Jerry
>
> PS: Thanks for the information on the Scottish elections.

Paul Cockshott

www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc
reality.gn.apc.org