Re: [OPE-L] Che's economics

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@WFU.EDU)
Date: Sun May 13 2007 - 19:47:44 EDT

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Jerry Levy wrote:

> > Two cents' worth: Fidel said something along these lines in
> > response to my presentation of the C&C planning arguments in
> > Havana in 2003...

> Hi Allin:
>
> Is  there a transcription of Castro's talk?

Not that I'm aware of.  However, if the Cubans are/were in the
habit of transcribing all of Fidel's public pronouncements then I
guess there may be, somewhere.  This was an interesting talk.
Some people were (reasonably enough) upset, because it disrupted
the scheduled presentation of papers.  But I got the impression
(perhaps naively, I have no way of knowing) that we were hearing
reminiscences of the early revolutionary period in Cuba that were
not already public knowledge.

Allin.