[OPE-L] Another Great Depression? : A View from the Mountain

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 09:10:24 EDT

An interview provocatively titled "Are We Headed for Another
Great Depression?"  has been circulated  on various mailing lists,
including PEN-L.  A version of it can be read at the following link:

 <http://elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com/daily_news/2007/05/elaine_meinel_s.html>

It was unclear from the article I originally saw what the qualifications
and expertise of the interviewee are.  The interviewee claims to have an
interest in many subjects, including "econommics" (sic).   She is
"living on a mountain with horses and cats and dogs  and chickens and a
husband. Yikes".  It is unclear to me why Mike Whitney (whoever he is)
considers her to be an expert on this subject but he has asserted
elsewhere the same thesis.

In solidarity, Jerry