Re: [OPE-L] The Financialization of Capitalism

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 21:08:53 EDT

was it attached this time? please include within body of the message.
Aside from the question of how we are to explain oligopolization, I am
wondering whether the dearth of investment opportunities may have resulted
from the shortage of labor in the actually viable investment spaces as a
result of restrictive immigration laws. Prem Shankar Jha offers this as
explanation for both rampant financial speculation and the export of
capital that has led to an impetuous industrialization in a select few
zones of  post colonial nation states.
Rakesh