Re: [OPE-L] Complex ... and the French edition of capital

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 06:57:03 EDT

 Anders:
In my opinion the French version seriously
weakens the textual support for the
Hilferding/Okishio/Rowthorn "whose production has
cost more labour" - that is the "education cost"
solution to the labour reduction problem.

Paul:
Why do you think that?
There is no coherent argument in the French edition against Hilferdings
solution?

Whether Hilferding was right or wrong stands on the merits of
Hilferding's argument not on what Marx said, unless Marx makes a
specific rebutall of the idea that the labour cost of educating workers
enters into the labour cost of what these workers themselves produce. As
far as I can see Marx makes no such contrary argument.