Re: [OPE-L] Ch. 7 as starting point for reading Capital???

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 05:36:19 EDT

Actually, Althusser suggested to skip the first
section - that is, the first three chapters, and
begin with chapter 4 in the English edition.

Personally, I think this is wrong.

Nevertheless I have suggested on this list that
chapter 7 in the English edition (5 in the
Italian) is to me the key chapter in Volume 1,
and in the whole Capital. This I have argued in
several places, including my chapter in
Bellofiore-Taylor eds, The Constitution of
Capital, section 3.

I don't know however if this was what John had in mind.

rb

--
Riccardo Bellofiore
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche