[OPE-L] Israeli humor?

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 16:33:23 EDT

A while ago, I boarded a tram here in Amsterdam to go into town, and I had a conversation with a passenger who appeared a bit uncertain about directions. He turned out to be from Israel, on a visit here with his girlfriend sitting next to him. I put it to him, "what I don't really understand is, how you can bear to live there at all, with such a terrible war happening". "Oh", he said, "we don't live near a war zone, we live in the middle of the country". They wanted to know where to get off to go to Dam Square, so I told them.

Jurriaan