Re: [OPE-L] iPod and LTV

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 12:34:05 EDT

Hi Rakesh

> This kind of accounting probably represents the strongest common sensical
> rejection of the labor theory of value. Not labor but ideas, genius and
> creativity add value. Against materialism for idealism, etc.

In my mind, "ideas", "genius" and "creativity" are buzz-words for
kinds of concrete labour. So the main issue these facts highlight is
that variable capital represents that part of the material process of
production that is precisely "variable" in terms of the value it adds.
Or do you think there is a deeper issue here?

Best wishes,
-Ian.