Re: [OPE-L] Ajit Sinha and embodied labour/indirect labour

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 19:02:31 EDT

Ajit
----
My point has nothing to do with "unequal exchange"
etc. When you say "10A exchange for 5B" there is no problem. But you are
mistaken in jumping from here to a mathematical equation such as: 10A =
5B. There is nothing in the exchange that tells you that you could put
two bunch of commodities as "equal".

Paul
----
Depends how abstract your algebraic concept of an equality or
equivalence operation is.
I would argue that if an operation induces a relation that is reflexive
, symmetric and transitive,
Which the exchange relation is, then it is an equivalence operation.

This is pretty standard abstract algebra