Re: [OPE-L] a paper on Marx's transformation problem and Ricardo's problem of an invariable measure of value

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 02:32:20 EDT

I'm in India right now and have not followed this
conversation at all. But I think it is simply a wrong
interpretation to interpret Sraffa's dated labor
approach to price determination in a growth context.
Marx (and Ricardo as well) measures labor-values in a
similar manner with 0 power on the rate of profits
throughout. In any case, dated labor approach is
applicable only in a context when a sector produces
only one commodity. In the case of multiple production
(joint-production) the approach is not workable. But
in joint production cases first of all it is very
difficult to define labor-value of commodities and
even if you can do this, you cannot avoid negative
labor-value for some commodities. Cheers, ajit sinha

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/