[OPE-L] Statement on Flames

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 17:33:35 EDT

As for myself,

- agree with the convenors, and regret the flaming occurred. Some things
just riled my ire, and I fired back.
- have done some more reading to acquaint myself better with the practices
of flaming, trolling, thought policing, cyberstalking etc.
- tended to think of flaming more as a nuisance or distraction, but at a
certain point, as I said, things rile my ire.
- poses some spiritual questions, such as "why does it get to you this time,
and not other times".

The only "smearing" we ought to be thinking of (in my part of the world) is
with suntan lotion. But no rest for the wicked, I have to work tomorrow.
Actually, some research concludes that once the filters in suntan lotions
soak into the lower layers of skin, the filters react with UV light to
create extra damaging reactive oxygen species or ROS (Kerry M. Hanson,
Enrico Gratton and Christopher J. Bardeen, "Sunscreen enhancement of
UV-induced reactive oxygen species in the skin", in: Free Radical Biology
and Medicine, Volume 41, Issue 8, 15 October 2006, Pages 1205-1212). So then
you have to keep rubbing it in, to mediate that contradiction, or apply
anti-oxidants.

Jurriaan