Re: [OPE-L] Rationing/price control

From: David Laibman (dlaibman@SCIENCEANDSOCIETY.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2007 - 14:08:22 EDT

Actually, Cobb-Douglas *utility* function.  And Joan, bless her, would
probably say something that should not go out over the airwaves!

The real question for now might rather be, what would Joan's pupil, Amartya
Sen, say?

To both of them I would point to the (limited, but tangible) value of
*immanent critique*.  If we can make *our* points (even small ones)
using *their* tools, I think we should do so.

All best,
David