[OPE-L] Re [OPE-L] Rodbertus

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 13:37:20 EDT

 There seems to be
little by or on Rodbertus translated into English. By Rodbertus there is
Overproduction and crises, (Social science series. 92)
===

Jurriaan:

I have that book and read it (many years ago) but never undertook
a comparison of what R wrote to what M&E wrote about R.  That would
be a useful exercise, I think.

In general, I think many Marxists rely too much on what M&E had
to say about political economists rather than read the original
sources as well.  It is a mistake, I believe, to rely too heavily
on secondary sources - even if those secondary sources were written
by M and/or E.

In solidarity, Jerry