Re: [OPE-L] Reclaiming Marx's "Capital": book launch talks, reviews, media coverage

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 15:27:05 EDT

In referring to Klimanīs book "Reclaiming Marxīs Capital" Jurrian wrote:

Some of the claims he makes are clearly absurd, such as his claim that
only surplus labour is the source of all current profits. Any
thinking economist knows this cannot be true, since already existing
assets can be traded at a profit without any surplus labour
being involved at all.

Honestly speaking, I donīt understand how capital gains can increase
aggregate profits!
Paulo