Re: [OPE-L] Reclaiming Marx's "Capital": book launch talks, reviews, media coverage

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 13:54:35 EDT

> what is this? What is the serious intention behind posting a message
> like this?
> And as a joke, I do not find it funny.
> Isn't this a serious list?

Anders:

I agree that referring to OPE-L as "Levy's Defamation Den" and "OPE-HELL"
is not funny or the action of a person deserving to be taken seriously.

Please recall that that it was Andrew Kliman, not myself, who made those
statements.

[In any event, how can you take the work of a Marxist who referred to
himself as "The Antichrist" seriously?]

> Isn't Andrew Kliman's book a serious, scientific work, deserving
> serious treatment?

No, from what I've read, it's not a serious, scientific work.  It's a
piece of propaganda (which in my opinion wouldn't have been published
unless it was part of the Raya Dunayevskaya book series). But, that's
my opinion which you are free to agree or disagree with.

> I think Jerry owes the list an apology for posting a message like
> this. Be big enough to give us one right away Jerry!

Now that you know it was Andrew Kliman who referred to OPE-L as
"Levy's Defamation Den" I believe you owe me an apology.  (Of course,
Kliman owes me many apologies but I'm not holding my breath.) If you
think that OPE-L is and should be a serious forum then your quarrel is
with Kliman, not myself.

In solidarity, Jerry