[OPE-L] Practical calculation of labour values

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2007 - 06:05:33 EDT

I got this communication from Oldrich Kyn which may be of interest in
the light of recent discussions
I looked again at your paper Calculation, Complexity and Planning; I would have a lot of comments, but I will just mention only two brief remarks:
1) As far as I remember those equations with inversion of Leontief matrix were first formulated by Morishima and Seton about 50 years ago;
2) Together with my coauthors we have calculated labor values and other price equations first as an theoretical experiment from relatively small input-output table, but later (1967) the model was used to calculate 25 thousands prices that were actualy used in price reform.

Oldrich Kyn

Paul Cockshott

www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc