Re: [OPE-L] Truncating Marx

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 12:04:22 EDT

<http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/0709/0030.html>

So, we are in agreement on the above?

If not, is there anyone on the list who is able to mount a defense of the
Kliman / McGlone position on "Marx's Marxism", "The Scorecard" as a way of
resolving interpretive disputes, and the thesis that "The economists have
only corrected Marx, in various ways; the point is to interpret him ...
correctly"?

At this point, I believe the onus of proof is on those who believe that
dogmatic perspectives have _not_ been advanced by Kliman et al.

Although most Marxians came to the conclusion many years ago that Kliman
and his supporters have advanced dogmatic propositions, it would
represent a step forward if we could all say publicly what just about all
of us recognize privately: dogmatism needs to be exposed rather than
simply ignored.

In solidarity, Jerry