Re: [OPE-L] models with unequal turnover periods

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 11:48:33 EDT

> Still playing on my one string violin, what about cases when the turnover
> period for constant capital is unknown?

Hi Michael P:

Then you include it as a variable with an unknown magnitude in the model.
There are different ways in which this could be done: e.g. one could make
certain assumptions that could give you a _range_ for the variable.  This
would, of course, introduce uncertainty into the model and mean that it
wouldn't yield a single result.  Yet, this is uncertainty which is a
consequence of the essential nature of the subject matter: i.e. it is
_real_ uncertainty and shouldn't be eliminated for purposes of
mathematical convenience.

In solidarity, Jerry