Re: [OPE-L] Robert Brenner, "That hissing? It's the sound of bubblenomics deflating"

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 11:47:44 EDT

> On what grounds do you say that?

Hi Ajit:

If wages were decreased wages and/or the intensity of work was increased
whether the rate of profit would rise, fall, or stay the same would depend
on the *extent* to which these factors ("Counteracting influences" for
Marx) would offset a decline in profitability (if there were indeed forces
at work which exerted pressure on the rate of profit to decline).  I don't
think this is a controversial point.  Indeed, I think Steedman and Lippi
(among others) would agree.

In solidarity, Jerry