Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus

From: Anders Ekeland (anders.ekeland@ONLINE.NO)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 08:20:30 EDT

At 02:11 22.10.2007, Jerry wrote:
> >> My impression is that K&F are very serious Marxist economist,
>
>Hi Anders:
>
>You do know that Andrew doesn't consider himself to be a Marxist
>economist, don't you?

This is a bit hairsplitting. Kliman wrote Reclaiming Marx' Capital.
That book is taking Marx dead serious. If Kliman is not a Marxist
economist, then nobody is. Even Marx said "I am not a Marxist", but
in an ironic sense.

> > If they are
> > sectarian, let us respond to that with arguments, be more tolerant
> > than they are.
>
>Been there, done that. Over the course of many, many years.  It hasn't
>worked.  If/when they commit outrages, then they should be held to task
>for that. Had you and others been more willing to confront them about
>those offenses then I wouldn't have had to.

But you are not calling for support in your fight of what you see as
their sectarianism, you call for a vote on:

a) In their use of logic

b) their reporting of the views of those with whom they disagree

c) and in the elaboration of their own fundamental categories

... and that is quite the same thing.

>I also am pressed for time at the moment so I will leave it at that for
>now.  I'll respond tomorrow - I hope - to Fred's questions.

Let's end the exchange on "the vote" here and follow up Fred's
thread. That's a better use of our time.

Regards
Anders