Re: [OPE-L] Kliman and Freeman

From: Simon Mohun (s.mohun@QMUL.AC.UK)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 11:08:20 EDT

Thanks to Dogan for the attachment.

When Roberto and I wrote our note, C&C imposed a length constraint of
about 1000 words - we went over a bit but after some cutting were just
under 1650 words. (Having accepted the note, C&C then lost it for about
9 months, which explains the time delay in its appearance.)

Having quickly read the latest Freeman and Kliman piece, I think the
polemical tone, the imputations made and implications drawn are a little
disappointing. And I cannot imagine how such a piece can advance the
cause of progressive scholarship in any respect (probably just a failure
of my imagination).

Anyway, these are just personal opinions. I will read the article more
closely whan I have some time, even though I'm not sure I could honestly
recommend anyone else to.

Simon