Re: [OPE-L] class theory

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 13:55:06 EDT

Jerry, some questions for you:

1. Do you think that social theories can purport to represent
universal interests when in fact they represent the particular
interests of economic classes?
2. If so, do you think it an important part of scientific work to
uncover such states-of-affairs?

You know my answers, but what are yours?

I'm happy to argue about the merits of my particular suggestion
regarding Sraffa's contribution, given my time constraints. But I have
zero patience for any suggestion that it is not OK to apply the method
of historical materialism on a self-avowed Marxist discussion list.