Re: [OPE-L] photocopying articles & papers

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon Nov 05 2007 - 18:23:04 EST

> Thank for trying. I have a feeling that some American

library must have it.

Hi Ajit:

I'm sure
you're right. In NYC,  there are probably copies in libraries at
the New School,
NYU, Columbia University, the New York Public
Library,  and other locations. (Maybe
even St. John's where Gary
M is located.)  If you can't get a copy by other means, I can
go
to one of the above and make a photocopy and mail it to you.

I think, though, that there is a more generic research need
here.  Something that
I have thought about for many years
-- but never got around to the formal proposal
stage -- is the
creation of some type of internal network whereby journal articles
in
various languages could be copied and distributed upon request to
members.
In the case of e-copies, this is easy.  But,
there are still lots of publications where
you need to get hard
copy but this can be quite difficult in some locations.
Given
the geographic dispersion of our membership and
unequal access to scholarly
resources (like college libraries)
this might be something for us to consider.  If
we had
volunteers  this could be done without a lot of effort
(hopefully),
especially if the recipients agreed to pay the (copying
and mailing) expenses.
But, as with other suggestions, it would
require a commitment on the part of
some to work. This is
really the kind of thing that we should have  graduate student(s)
/
reserach assistant(S) for.

In solidarity, Jerry

>> Sorry, I can't tell you how to get Arrow, K.J.
1991.  'Ricardo's work as
>> viewed by later economists',
JOURNAL OF THE HISTORY
>> OF ECONOMIC  THOUGHT, 13, pp.