Re: [OPE-L] (new journal) New Global Studies

From: David Laibman (dlaibman@SCIENCEANDSOCIETY.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 14:15:45 EST

Hi all.

Quoting:

New Global Studies is
the first journal to approach contemporary
globalization as a whole,
and across disciplinary lines. It draws from
history, sociology,
anthropology, political science, and international
relations to
study the past and present of today's globalizing process.

Notice that economics is not included in the list of disciplines that
might be relevant to "today's globalizing process"!  Isn't that
fascinating?  Reminds me of Marx's comment, re Leon Blum, that *all* of
the Ministers in the French  government were "Ministers of Labor."  When
they leave out economics, all they will get is -- bad economics!

David