[OPE-L] Dave Zachariah

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Wed Nov 21 2007 - 13:32:37 EST

Dave Z, from Stockholm, Sweden, is the newest member of our list.
His writings concerning Marxian empirical studies have been referred to
repeatedly on OPE-L and he has been following our discussions
through the archives.

Indeed he wrote to say that:

> I began studying political economy in late 2002 and benefited a lot
> from the wealth of knowledge embodied in the OPE-L archive.

I think it's pretty impressive, frankly, that someone who
has been studying political economy only since 2002 has been
able to research and publish so much - especially when you
consider the quantity of statistics analysed from different countries
in a recent paper!

Dave goes on to say (quite modestly!):

> I'm heavily
> influenced by Farjoun and Machover's "Laws of Chaos" and the work by
> Allin Cottrell and Paul Cockshott. Their contributions put the writings
> of "the classics" as a secondary issue and instead focus on empirical
> reality and developing tools to model it. In short, to me political
> economy is more important than the history of economic thought. I have
> made some minor contributions to the empirical study of the labour
> theory of value and the theory of productive labour. I currently work
> as an engineer in Stockholm.

Dave Z: welcome aboard!

In solidarity, Jerry