[OPE-L] Trashing Mike Lebowitz (was: book review of Kliman's book)

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 08:44:19 EST

[Andrew Kliman wrote:]  > > "The only way to negotiate this situation, it seems  > to me, is to take the offensive. The main > thing that is needed is an  organized campaign to  > establish new rules, rules that  punish people for  > making false and baseless allegations,> either knowingly or because of reckless  > disregard. In  other words, something > analogous to laws  against defamation is needed." > > I  invite all those who care about honesty> and intellectual  integrity to help establish rules that
> punish people for making  false and baseless allegations,
> either knowingly or because  of reckless disregard. -----------------------------------------------------    To wit, see <http://akliman.squarespace.com/reclaiming/>   On that page there is a section called "What others
say about  'Reclaiming Marx's Capital'".  In that section,  there is a reference to :  "Marxism for the 21st Century - a revolutionary tool or
more scholasticism?" <http://radicalnotes.com/content/view/54/39>  by   "Michael A. (Trash it Now!)  Lebowitz".    Kliman then writes:  "Don't you think this is a wee bit anti-intellectual, ad hoiminem, and untrue, Michael?"   Yet , note  that Michael L's article doesn't even  mention Kliman's book (let alone review it!),  Kliman, or even the TSSI!   So,  Mike L - we're told -  is "Trash it Now!"- by   someone who accuses him of using ad hominem even  though neither Kliman nor  the TSSI are even mentioned in an article that  never even claimed to be a review of Kliman's book!  Note that the above is *ENTIRELY* factual. Indeed, I have  provided the sources so that you  can see for yourself who has been  trashing  whom!  In solidarity,  Jerry