Re: [OPE-L] fully automated economy and capitalism

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 08:59:45 EST

> I agree that it is socially pointless to speculate on this it is merely in the context of Klimans assuming zero> wages and Ajits response that I mentioned it

Paul C:

The irony here is that Kliman's book (and the TSSI in general) stress
that they are *interpretations* of Marx.   Furthermore, as Anders
emphasized, Kliman's book concerns the question of the internal
consistency of *Marx's* thought.  Yet, Marx never assumed
zero wages.  This is an assumption which comes from Sraffa,
not Marx.  This fact that much of the TSSI engagement with
other perspectives has been fought on "Sraffian terrain" is not
generally  recognized by the author: some of the TSSI advocates,
imho,  have become unwittingly Neo-Sraffians.

In solidarity, Jerry