Re: [OPE-L] GPM, "Critica al neomarxista Samir Amin"

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 08:06:42 EST

> > Not sure if neo-Marxism is a term of abuse> In South Africa, it definitely is, because of a set of bad experiences> in the 1970s-80s (two-stagism, poulantzian fractions of capital,> monopoly capital, social history, regulation theory).

Hi Patrick:

I just noticed that Samir has an article in the current issue of
_Monthly Review_ titled "Political Islam in the Service of
Imperialism":
http://monthlyreview.org/1207amin.htm

Comments?  Do you think that his position on this question
would or would not receive support from activists at the
Centre for Civil Society?

In solidarity, Jerry