Re: [OPE-L] fully automated economy and capitalism

From: Ian Hunt (Ian.Hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2007 - 21:07:28 EST

Dear Jerry,
There is dispute about whether there can be real cases of movement under
gravity on inclined plane without friction. Certainly, there can be
cases where there is no air friction (as in a vacuum) but whether there
can be cases of absolutely zero friction between the object and the
plane it slides on is another matter (perhaps with supercooled objects).
But even so, it is wrong to say that it has absolutely nothing to do
with or is completely removed from reality. One can infer, for example,
that the acceleration in the frictionless case is an upper bound of the
acceleration in the real case,
Cheers,
Ian