Re: [OPE-L] The life and death of Andrew Glyn

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@WFU.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 10:40:50 EST

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, GERALD LEVY quoted Bob Pollin:

> It is with great sadness that I pass along the news that Andrew
> Glyn died today.  I just received a phone call from Bob
> Sutcliffe in Oxford informing me of this.

Thanks, Jerry, for posting this.  It is indeed sad news.  I had
tutorials with Andrew, as an undergraduate in Oxford in the early
'70s.  He was an excellent teacher and a thoroughly nice person.
As Bob Pollin says, Andrew was warm, funny and modest.  As
everyone knows, he was one of the first Marxist economists to come
off the plane of high theory and to engage empirically with the
post-war capitalist economy; he leaves us a fine legacy.

Allin Cottrell