Re: [OPE-L] glossary for V1 of _Capital

From: Ian Hunt (ian.hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 19:07:32 EST

Dear Paul,
I take from this that you have no term for the process of capital
investment where  C+V (capital) increases but V does not (ie either
it is constant or decreases)? Or at least you don't use the term
'accumulation' for it. Perhaps you could just say that it is a case
of growth of capital without accumulation?
I can see that you want to talk about accumulation in a way that
focuses on increase in hours worked, either because more workers work
or workers  work more hours (V can increase even when the number of
labourers is constant - perhaps you just want the case where the no
of labourers increases)) but I am not sure that this matters as much
as you seem to think it matters,
Cheers,
Ian

--
Associate Professor Ian Hunt,
Dept  of Philosophy, School of Humanities,