Re: [OPE-L] glossary for V1 of _Capital

From: Dogan Goecmen (dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 05:51:53 EST

Dave
-------
"In the most general use 'capital' is a sum of money that is
employed to obtain more money."

Reply:
------
This is a formalist definition of capital. Instead "'capital' is a sum of money", from Marxian philosophical point of view we should say: capital is EXPRESSED in the sum of money.

The concept of "accumulaton of capital" seems to many people to be ambiguous just because  they try to have a fixed definition of it, instead to grasp it as a dynamic concept.

Dogan