[OPE] End of Finance: The theory of capital market inflation, financial derivatives and pension ... eBook

From: glevy@pratt.edu
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 14:48:35 EST

Antonio Pagliarone brought the following to my attention."
---------
The End of Finance: The theory of capital market
inflation, financial derivatives and pension fund c
by Jan
Toporowski
http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/title/end-of-finance-the-theory-of-capital-market-inflation-financial-derivatives-and-pension-fund-c-toporowski-ebooks.htm

---------

Note that the cost of this *e-book* is
over  US$89!

Out of curiosity, I did a search to see what
the original hardcover
format  sells for:  $250
!

You can, though, buy a copy, listed as new, for
$191.

Talk about  "market inflation" and
bubbles!  Is there a
bubble in the publishing
industry?

What is the value of a book once the book can
be published
in e-form?  Is there any mechanism (given the
extent of
product differentiation in the industry) which would
adjust
price to value?

If we are taking about
monopoly power here, then who pays