Re: [OPE] Studying unproductive labor: CEPR report

From: Dave Zachariah (davez@kth.se)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 14:28:19 EST

Of even greater interest given our recent discussion:

    The Economic Impact of the Iraq War and Higher Military Spending
    May 2007, Dean Baker
    http://www.cepr.net/content/view/1155/8/

Quote:

    "Military spending drains resources from the productive economy. For
    this reason, it will typically lead to slower economic growth, less
    investment, higher trade deficits, and fewer jobs."

//Dave Z