Re: [OPE] capitalist states, imperialism, and militarism

From: Dave Zachariah (davez@kth.se)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 09:49:54 EST

GERALD LEVY wrote:

> I don't think that either Iran or China are imperialist nations,
> although,
> it is possible that could change in the future.

It is of course debatable to what extent their policies are
'imperialist' --- to what extent one is helping or controlling
communities. But my guess is that a significant fraction of the Lebanese
population thinks the Iranian state is trying to control their society.
Perhaps the same goes for the people of Taiwan and the Chinese state.

//Dave Z