Re: [OPE] one of the great inventions of the 20th century?

From: Charlie (charles1848@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 22:27:44 EST

Related:

"Despite exaggerated claims by Quesnay's disciples, as that the Tableau
was the greatest invention since fire and writing,..."
"The 1984 Nobel Prize in Economics," Science, Jan. 1985 in Collected
Scientific Papers of Paul A. Samuelson - see:
http://books.google.com/books?id=UKeJEc46R9AC&pg=PA842&lpg=PA842&dq=kuznets+%22greatest+invention%22&source=web&ots=BL8cqFXtLC&sig=ELJZGBHFTZugqvGSYS-FntfNHFg&hl=enøZ
"Quesnay's disciples called the Tableau, the greatest invention since
fire and writing."
S. Chand, A History of Economic Thought - see:
http://books.google.com/books?id=of4TWIJIyG0C&pg=PA256&lpg=PA256&dq=kuznets+%22greatest+invention%22&source=web&ots=8efi7eARPV&sig=hxud7nuA17GWT7d-ZoqHvm2Q2Rk&hl=enÐ\

Michael Perelman wrote:
> I don't have a copy of Samuelson/Nordhaus.  Does any body have an exact reference to
> use.  I was just in the Berkeley library trying to rund down that same quotation for
> my new book.
>
> I meant for the "greatest invention" quote.
>
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:17:38AM +0100, GERALD LEVY wrote:
>
>> It is ironic that at a time when we were just discussing some of
>> the major technological changes of the 20th Century, we are
>> made aware of the following:
>> <http://www.bea.gov/scb/pdf/beawide/2000/0100od.pdf>

Charles Andrews