RE: [OPE] Great Inventions and Alternative Nobel Prize

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 14:40:17 EDT

Jerry,

OK, we have a case at hand.  I am reading proofs for the "Hidden History of
9-11" to come out in softcover next month with Seven Stories Press of NYC
(a progressive, independent publisher).  We hope to get into bookstores,
i.e., the 'mainstream' book market.  We may fail in that regard, we may
not, but Seven Stories knows what they are doing.

Now the issue on the table with your to your comment of the Nobel Prize.
Each contributor must provide a bio to appear in the soft-cover.  For
myself, I included "Frontiers in Econometrics", and referenced McFadden's
chapter and his Nobel Prize.  Will you be faulting me for that?  In my
view, that reference could makes some contribution toward penetrating the
mainstream market.

Reactions? This is no longer an abstract discussion, but a concrete and
immediate situation (since I'm to get back proofs very, very soon).

Paul

(Vol.23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11   video summary at snowshoefilms.com
(Vol.24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA AND IN POLAND AND SYRIA
         Res. in Political Economy, P.Zarembka, Ed., Amsterdam: Elsevier
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka