RE: [OPE] Great Inventions and Alternative Nobel Prize

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 15:49:05 EDT

> No.  It's a tactical decision. But, I tend to be sceptical
> of the belief that reference to McFadden winning the Bank of Sweden
> prize will help sell copies of the book, but you never know.

Jerry,

To penetrate a market, credentials of authors/editors can be quite
important.  Take Borders Books and whoever is making decisions there.  The
person knows 9-11 is controversial, but may have a willingness to expose an
issue if able to cover his/her backside.  The tactical decisions is not
with regard to the person buying the book, but rather getting bookstores to
include it on their selves.

Incidentally, other authors also offer things of significance, some which
could be considered a bourgeois affirmation.  On the one hand, I'm not 100%
comfortable with this whole business (as it surely is), on the other hand,
we live in a world which required Engels to promote Marx's Capital as if he
were not close to it.

> [btw, McFadden may not like his name being used in that context {i.e. in
> a book on 9/11}, but you would know better about that than I.]

This may be an interesting point.  But should I be influenced by whatever
his concern may or may not be?  After all, only facts are going to be in
print.

Paul

(Vol.23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11   video summary at snowshoefilms.com
(Vol.24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA AND IN POLAND AND SYRIA
         Res. in Political Economy, P.Zarembka, Ed., Amsterdam: Elsevier
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka