RE: [OPE] theoretical discussions: an empirical test

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 08:45:56 EDT

Everybody on the list knows, I think, that there was a dynamism aruond the list. I know from my experience. People from all over the world used to write (referring to our debates on the list) and wanted to discuss this or that aspect of our debates  off-list.

Hi Dogan:

There is _still_ the same dynamism: the discussions in the last
this year have all been good.

> My intervention was an expression of good will. But it seems to have been understood entirely as a destructive contribution. I apologise for being
> silly and got involved in that. I did not want to insult anybody.

Good. Glad to hear it. But, I still think that we should go ahead
with the 'test': it will provide others on the list with a 'breathing
space' with which they can raise new topics for discussion
and it will make it clear to all that *everyone* on the list bears
an equal responsibility for promoting discussion: the list is what
*we all* make it.