RE: [OPE] Fwd: How to read Capital

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 18:04:37 EDT

The point is that commodity production came thousands of years before capitalism.
Aristotle could write about it and point out the contradiction between use and exchange value.
This contradiction could not itself thus be the genesis of capitalism or capitalism would
have existed in ancient Greece.

Paul Cockshott
Dept of Computing Science
University of Glasgow