Re: [OPE] William Kristol on Marx versus Obama

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@buffalo.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 12:59:56 EDT

But I did like that Kristol quoted more of Marx's context than is usual:

“Religious suffering is at the same time an expression of real suffering
and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed
creature, the sentiment of a heartless world, and the soul of a soulless
condition. It is the opium of the people.”

Paul